I've used Decoda quite a bit, but not LuaEclipse or LuaEdit just yet.

Decoda's debugging facilities are a bit of a godsend for me, in that
it provides a Visual Studio like debugging environment (good for
giving to co-workers who use Visual Studio) and it works with LuaPlus
(a C++ extension to Lua, with custom runtime modifications).

I've found a few drawbacks to Decoda: it's hierarchical code browser
doesn't work on tables a few layers deep, the watch window in the
debugger won't expand a table within a table (it's still possible to
view the embedded table's contents, it just requires additional
typing), and the step debugger has no way to ignore certain functions
(of a metatable's __index function, for example.)

The stability of Decoda is ok, but not perfect.  I've found the latest
version to be fairly stable, noticeably more so than a few versions
back.  It will occasionally freeze when trying to interact with a
system debugger, namely Visual C++.  Killing the app that's being
debugged (via the Task Manager, or a similar tool) and/or telling
Visual C++ to stop debugging usually fixes those problems.

--
David Ludwig
dludwig@pobox.com