Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
> OTOH, I'm no longer pushing the bloat argument...

OK, so this leaves the only argument as being it should belong in a
text-encoding library right? If so, this should apply to the decimal
escape sequence as well right? Both are (or would be) used to encode
single bytes in the string (unlike the base64 analogy you made).

Given the wide vocal support for this feature, I can only think that
implementing this is a good thing (we even have a few lines patch for it
already)

--
Regards,

Benjamin Tolputt