PUC-Rio will host two large conferences in Oct 2009: SIBGRAPI (computer
graphics and image processing) and SBGAMES (games):

  SIBGRAPI 2009: Oct, 11-14 2009
  http://www.matmidia.mat.puc-rio.br/sibgrapi2009/

  SBGAMES 2009: Oct, 8-10 2009
  http://wwwusers.rdc.puc-rio.br/sbgames/

We'll probably do a one-day Lua event on Oct, 7th, 2009, as part of a
"pre-event" for SBGames 2009.

This Lua event does not have to be the Lua Workshop 2009, but it may be it
if there's enough interest. In that case, it'd be on Oct, 6-7, 2009.
(There's also Erik Hougaard's standing offer to host it in Copenhagen.)

If you're in Rio, would you come? If you're in Brazil, would you come?
If you're elsewhere, would you come?

So, I guess we're asking: If we build it, will they come? :-)
--lhf