On Mon, 09 Feb 2009 14:06:17 +0100
Philippe Lhoste <PhiLho@GMX.net> wrote:

> I just cringe when I see 'k' standing for kilobytes, but perhaps it is common usage in
> your world... :-)

Probably not. But as far as I can see, its use is nowhere clearly
standardized for the 2^n scale, except for the dreaded "kibi"-, "mebi"-
notation. Everything else are just recommendations. What added further
to my confusion is that these recommendations are not uniform and there
is yet another notation in use in Germany, "kB". Anyway, what I meant
was the 2^n scale and I will correct it to "K" in the next version.

- Timm

--
Timm S. Mueller <tmueller@schulze-mueller.de>,
Schulze & Mueller GbR, Erbacher Straße 26, 64342 Seeheim-Jugenheim,