With similar functionality available, you might also be able to just
modify luaconf.h (available as of Lua 5.1.x), adding the appropriate
longjmp replacements.  Search for LUAI_THROW for more info.

Also note, if C++ style exception throwing is available for use on
this platform, Lua can be recompiled to use try/catch blocks instead
of setjmp and longjmp.

--
David Ludwig
dlidwig@pobox.com