On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 1:53 PM, Sam Roberts <vieuxtech@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was looking for this once, found LuaQt, but never used it, but
> seemed to be intended for use as you describe:
>
> http://developer.berlios.de/svn/?group_id=5442

it does work this way, you use your usual Lua executable (or LuaJIT?
haven't tried it), and just 'require ("QtGui")' as needed.

the only thing i found missing is some issues when creating Lua
subclasses of C++ classes.  i couldn't define any virtual method that
wasn't explicitly exported by the stub classes, so it was very
difficult to implement new models (for model/view programming).

personally, i don't think the QTScript API is so good. the PyQt way
seems more powerful, since the C++ side really doesn't know that some
objects are implemented in other language.

but of course, i'll try libqtlua, and hope to be proved wrong.

--
Javier