> As the person who wrote http://lua-users.org/wiki/AlternativeGetOpt, I'd
> just like to chime in that I wrote it as a way to learn how Lua works. I
> didn't have a reference to work from, so I didn't know what specific
> behaviors were expected. Since the code is deficient, and lua-users.org
> is a wiki, please feel free to make modifications, or even replace it
> entirely as you see fit.

Just my 2 cents.  IMHO it is much better to have a versioned code than
sources thrown somewhere in WIKI. Especially for such things as module
for processing the applications's options. Such a module is IMHO very
fundamental and is not just example of Lua programming. Versioned
tarballs also makes packaging the software much easier. All modern
UNIX-like OSes use packages for software distribution.

--
Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.