> I would suggest looking into "ConcurrentLua" which starts from the same
> basis as you seem to be. Google is your friend here :)

Actually I looked into it, but unfortunately it doesn't go far enough.
The scheduling is still co-operative. So it is possible for one
process to hog all the processing. Secondly, as far as I can tell the
VM is still limited to a single CPU which basically limits the
usefulness of the implementation. On top of all that we still would
need to modify the Lua syntax to allow for Erlang style message
filtering.

It's a cool hack, but doesn't go far enough to be useful.

Timothy