The best way would probably be to hire Mike himself to do it. I know such consulting of open source authors has been done for other embedded products.

While at it, the consulting author could be used to spread inside knowledge about the tool (LuaJIT 2.x) to the customer's personnel.

By the way, have you checked how much simply using LNUM patch (optimizes standard Lua performance for non-FPU platform) would help? Maybe it is enough to get your project rolling, and you can jump to LuaJIT 2 when it is ready.

http://luaforge.net/projects/lnum/

If you have issues with LNUM, you can hire me any time!   8P

-asko