On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 12:43 PM, Alexander Gladysh <agladysh@gmail.com> wrote:
I believe this is orthogonal to the backend (Lua Alchemy or no Lua
Alchemy) -- as long as backend is capable to call "tick" callbacks in
Lua. Such ticks can be trivially converted to the calls to
coroutine.resume().

It is only the matter of thickness of game logic wrapper. Looks like
such wrapper is outside of Lua Alchemy library scope.

Alexander.

Ok, that makes sense - thank you.

I have another question - should Lua bytecode generated by Lua Alchemy be compatible across all browsers/platforms (to be run by another instance of Lua Alchemy), or are there still possible endianness compatibility problems? I understand that Lua's function dump relies on the endianness of the machine that's running it on, making it nonportable. From what I know of ActionScript ByteArrays, they do have an "endian" property for reading and writing various number types, but what I don't know is whether this defaults to the native endianness or has a fixed default, or whether this is even relevant in Lua Alchemy's case.

-Duncan