[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: Lua bindings for Posix semaphores?
- From: Norman Ramsey <nr@...>
- Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 21:07:29 -0500
> On Tue, 09 Dec 2008 20:16:15 -0500 (EST)
> email@example.com (Norman Ramsey) wrote:
> > I haven't had much luck with search engines or
> > Luaforge---does anybody
> > happen to have Lua bindings for Posix semaphores?
> Do you need it for interacting with some non-Lua code
> (which is already using semaphores) or just for managing
It needs to interact with non-Lua code, but that code is not already
> If the latter, try i.e. Lanes.
I had a look and it seems to be a nice project.
However, I have never been terribly comfortable with Linda tuple space
(although I am quite impressed with the use you have put it to here).
I have instead decided on a simpler solution:
* Write bindings for POSIX named semaphores
* Implement an atomic queue in Lua
* Write shell scripts atomic-get-line and atomic-put-line
I now have a very simple, useful system for spreading work over
multiple cores and multiple hosts. There are some ugly spots I wish
to scrub away, but if Luiz will ask me in six weeks, I will post the