Hi -- I'm in Amsterdam, and I like Lua too.

There's a lot of great Lua code written for World of Warcraft, which is
what convinced me that Lua is a great language with a large community of
competent programmers.

Some of the WOW extension code is really well written, and quite ambitious.
Auctioneer is a great example, and you can browse its source code online:

http://fisheye.norganna.org/browse/Auctioneer/trunk

It helps to have WOW, and install Auctioneer to see what it does, of
course.
I used to play WOW, but ever since I arrived in Amsterdam, there have
been better things to do! :)

  -Don