hi all, thanks for pointing out such interesting on-line resources. i myself do not learn most from books or practicing, better for me is to share with others or to ponder what i have read only superficially. also, it takes some time to set it up and see how SciTE works, how to integrate with other software running under windows, and so on. so i would like to do some lua for a few afternoons, see where it brings us. and Don, i think we met and you seem to know much more about programming, and i a little bit more about morse code, but i have many books on usability, could i not just trade them for some instruction? joris, j.verrips@planet.nl amsterdam