Hello,

I'm trying to install lrexlib-pcre via luarocks on Mac OS X where I have installed pcre via MacPorts. MacPorts puts its files in /opt/local so luarocks doesn't find pcre.h. That should be solved by setting PCRE_DIR to /opt/local/include/ but it doesn't.

bash-3.2# file /opt/local/include/pcre.h
/opt/local/include/pcre.h: ASCII c program text
bash-3.2# export PCRE_DIR=/opt/local/include/
bash-3.2# luarocks install lrexlib-pcre
Installing http://luarocks.luaforge.net/rocks/lrexlib-pcre-2.3.0-1.src.rock... Archive: /tmp/luarocks-rock-lrexlib-pcre-2.3.0-1-1335/lrexlib-pcre-2.3.0-1.src.rock
  inflating: lrexlib-pcre-2.3.0-1.rockspec
 extracting: lrexlib-2.3.0.zip

Error: Could not find expected file pcre.h for PCRE -- you may have to install PCRE in your system and/or set the PCRE_DIR variable

Thanks,
- Simon