> Even if I can only squeeze 6 or 8 K out of an optimization like this
> it is totally worth it for me.

Now that's exactly the kind of thinking I was expecting from an
embedded developer :) You're right, it's totally worth it.

> The lack of ability to iterate over the tables is a bit problematic
> so i'll have to take a close look at that.

Really? I actually completely omitted this since it was of no use to
me, I didn't even try to implement it. I'll take a look at the code
and try to understand how easy/hard would be to add this feature.

Best,
Bogdan