Thank you, guys, for all those tips!

----- Mensagem original ----
De: E. Wing <ewmailing@gmail.com>
Para: Lua list <lua@bazar2.conectiva.com.br>
Enviadas: Quarta-feira, 5 de Novembro de 2008 21:35:06
Assunto: Re: Lua for Objective-C

On 11/5/08, Sam Roberts <vieuxtech@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 3:53 AM, Jose Marin <jose_marin2@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
>> Is there any stable port of Lua for Objective-C? Or for MacOS?
>>
>> I didn´t find any good solution using google.
>
> There is a binding on luaforge, or two. I uploaded one with some fixes
> to the original. There's been occaisonal talk about merging things,
> but nobody is using the binding very often. If you start, you'll
> probably have patches, email me and I'll give you admin access so you
> can push the patches back.

As previously stated, Obj-C is a pure superset of C, so you don't need
to do anything special to use Lua with Obj-C.

However, if you plan to bridge a lot between Obj-C and Lua, there are
some Lua/Obj-C bridges out there that try to make this more
convenient.

Tom McClean's LuaObjCBridge is the one on LuaForge. There are two
different pages; one points you to the other.

Gus Mueller built on top of it and added extra manual bindings. He
calls his project 'LuaCore' which contains an older snapshot of the
LuaObjCBridge.

I was bitten by a bunch of bugs/limitations in the LuaObjCBridge and
needed additional manual bindings, so I made a bunch of fixes and
enhancements to both the LuaObjCBridge and LuaCore. Some of the
changes will break backwards compatibility so I didn't merge them back
in. Instead, I posted the changes in a separate branch which you can
find here:

http://www.assembla.com/wiki/show/LuaCore

Finally, Dan Treiman and I have been discussing a next gen Lua/ObjC
bridge, but we have both been really busy so it hasn't materialized
yet.

-Eric

      Novos endereços, o Yahoo! que você conhece. Crie um email novo com a sua cara @ymail.com ou @rocketmail.com.
http://br.new.mail.yahoo.com/addresses