Thanks, I see what you did and I will give that a try!  I may not get back to this little project till tomorrow but I will try and give you a quick up date to how it goes.

Thanks again!

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 7:37 AM, Matthew Wild <mwild1@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 12:30 PM, Brian Sanders <brian.sanders@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmm... so if it is in either UTF-16 or UCS-2 with BOM... is there any way
> for me to use these log files with a LUA script?  I guess it is good to know
> that I did understand the LUA tutorials, it was my input file I was not
> looking closely enough at.

It's a hack, and there is probably a nice(r) way of doing it, but try:

logstring = logstring:sub(3):gsub("%z", "")

It will at least remove the zeros that stop it from printing, but if
you have non-latin characters then they might get messed up.

Matthew.

--
"Faithless is he, who says 'farewell', when the path darkens
"you just keep on trying till you run out of cake"