Hmm... so if it is in either UTF-16 or UCS-2 with BOM... is there any way for me to use these log files with a LUA script?  I guess it is good to know that I did understand the LUA tutorials, it was my input file I was not looking closely enough at.

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 6:59 AM, Klaus Ripke <paul-lua@malete.org> wrote:
On Wed, Oct 08, 2008 at 12:53:54PM +0200, Klaus Ripke wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 08, 2008 at 06:37:24AM -0400, Brian Sanders wrote:
> > file starts with FF EE, then begins with the standard characters.  Between
> Hmm, this should be FF EE, making it UTF-16 or UCS-2 with BOM.
... should be FF FE, making it UTF-16 or UCS-2 with BOM. sry

--
"Faithless is he, who says 'farewell', when the path darkens
"you just keep on trying till you run out of cake"