Tony Finch wrote:
[...]
> I suppose if you aren't using bytecode you could append your boilerplate
> to the start of a module when loading it. Slightly grotty, though.

Alas, that approach leads to all the debugging information being wrong,
because all the lines are in different places!

It would actually be rather nice to have the Lua compiler correctly
interpret C-preprocessor-style '# 45 "fnord.c"' line number information
lines. This would allow Lua code to be run through the C preprocessor,
which I for one would find useful. I believe they're unambiguous, too,
in that they can't form part of a valid Lua statement (you can't have a
number followed by a string with no seperating tokens).

--
David Given
dg@cowlark.com