  You are correct the application also must link with "msvcr80.dll". That is
said when "the applications must also follow the LuaBinaries for Windows
Compatibility documentation." Although in that topic and in "The C Run Time
Library" I only comment about module DLLs and not applications, my bad.

  I will fix that to make things more clear.

Thanks,
scuri