On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 8:29 PM, Ignacio Burgueño <ignaciob@inconcertcc.com> wrote:
Ross Berteig wrote:
On 8/27/2008, RJP Computing wrote:
Yes I think this is a bit of a heavy approach, plus we still need to be able
to run 'lua' on the command line so the PATH will still need to be updated.

Another (better?) approach might be to patch package.loadlib() for Windows to use LoadLibraryEx() with the flag LOAD_WITH_ALTERED_SEARCH_PATH instead of LoadLibrary().

This was discussed previously (I proposed this approach some time ago [1]). Maybe in the light of LfW and LuaRocks, this could be a good time to reconsider this.

I think this should_not_ be the responsibility of Lua Binaries and should be in the next major (5.2) release of Lua. The reason I think this should not be a part of Lua Binaries is because this changes the operation of lua.exe instead of just modifing the way it works. To me this sounds like a feature request and for reasons highlighted here, should be adding to the main Lua source. Thoughts?
--
Regards,
Ryan