Ross Berteig wrote:
On 8/27/2008, RJP Computing wrote:
Yes I think this is a bit of a heavy approach, plus we still need to be able to run 'lua' on the command line so the PATH will still need to be updated.

Another (better?) approach might be to patch package.loadlib() for Windows to use LoadLibraryEx() with the flag LOAD_WITH_ALTERED_SEARCH_PATH instead of LoadLibrary().

This was discussed previously (I proposed this approach some time ago [1]). Maybe in the light of LfW and LuaRocks, this could be a good time to reconsider this.

Regards,
Ignacio