> Xapian (http://xapian.org/) comes with a bunch of different language
> bindings. That would be a good place to start. And the Xapian Omega is
> a pretty good introduction on how to make a web search (and could be
> used behind the scenes without having a direct Lua binding).

A binding to Xapian should work.  I'll have to think more about Omega
as an option.  Meanwhile, I added a naive search function to Sputnik
(see the search box on http://sputnik.freewisdom.org/), which is slow,
but is real-time, can be improved with caching and is better than
nothing.  I'll include it in the next minor release.

- yuri

--
http://sputnik.freewisdom.org/