Ralph Hempel wrote:
[...]
> Embedded systems are tricky, and I'm not sure if making the Lua
> source go through hoops to support all the variations is worth it :-)

I'm actually trying to port to OpenKODE, which isn't even ANSI --- no
sprintf(), no malloc(), no strtok(). stdio is the worst of my problems,
but emulating all those weird and wonderful string functions is going to
come second on the list.

I'll admit that, as another embedded programmer, I'd would make my life
easier to have Lua route *all* external functions through the macro
system. OTOH, it would probably make everyone else's life harder...

--
David Given
dg@cowlark.com