Steve Donovan wrote:

I may be missing things but why does vcredist_x86.exe have to be involved?

I may be missing something even more fundamental. I've built
Lua as a DLL and a number of modules under cygwin but using
the -mno-cygwin option.

I then moved all of the resulting binaries to an absolutely
clean (fresh install) Win2K machine, which is actually
a VMware instance.

Lua seems to run fine - without the hassle of downloading
a new C runtime.

Is the new runtime required on Vista, or is it required simply
because LfW is using VC2005 to compile Lua and its modules?

Ralph