From: lua-bounces@bazar2.conectiva.com.br [mailto:lua-bounces@bazar2.conectiva.com.br] On Behalf Of RJP Computing
Sent: terça-feira, 5 de agosto de 2008 21:10
To: Lua list
Subject: Re: system error 14001 and vcredist_x86.exe

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 7:57 PM, David Burgess <dburgess@gmail.com> wrote:

The MS tool depends.exe,  the dependency walker will tell you which
dependent DLLs are not being loaded.

I found out how to solve this issue. The developers are embedding the manifest into the dll and if they just leave it out then Windows has no problem using these external C modules. So I think this needs to be known by all Windows VC8.0 developers to turn that setting off. If you leave it on, then Lua will not be able to late-load the dll without the vcredist_x86.exe. I found out that the IUP developers already leave there manifests out and that is why they worked so well.

I saw a recent thread about the vc run-time and I think what I just found needs to be disscussed. Thoughts?
--
Regards,
Ryan