"Paul Moore" <p.f.moore@gmail.com> wrote:

> To be honest, my view is that msvcrt is by far the best option.

That pretty much sums it up, IMHO.

I've spent many hours in trying to get the assorted newer MS CRTs (ie
post-MSCVRT) integrated into a stable, non-bloated and easily
distributable build and I failed miserably. It's really a fine case of
"pick any two out of the three".

So I bit the bullet and did/do everything that's intended for out-house
distribution with the older compiler/runtime (also with a view of
perhaps switching to the MinGW toolset somewhere down the road).

--
cheers  thomasl

web: http://thomaslauer.com/start