steve donovan writes:
> On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 1:11 PM, Paul Moore wrote:
> > It's up to you, I guess, but I find msvcr80/msvcr90 builds fraught
> > with problems...

Since the msvc*.dll issue is becoming a recurring topic, some notes/links are
now collected here: http://lua-users.org/wiki/BuildingModules .  Feel free to
expand.

Though it's quite preferable to use the same C runtime, in theory I see nothing
incorrect with mixing libraries linked against different C runtimes provided
some strong assurances are given from those libraries.  Perhaps it's ideal,
*when possible*, for a C extension DLL to dynamically link to no C run-time at
all (i.e. /nodefaultlib /entry:... linker options in MSVC).  It may be
worthwhile for someone to clarify this all in practice.