On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 12:26 PM, Paul Moore <p.f.moore@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does the Lua support in SciTE allow for loading of binary
> extensions[1]? If so, LuaSys would allow you to just do sys.run(url)
> to open the default browser.

Indeed it does! But (and there's always a 'but...' with Windows) it
uses the old mscvrt compatibility. A mingw build of any Lua extension
will work fine, or MSVC6, if you still have the old dog around.

I'm thinking of doing a mscvr80 build of SciTE for LfW, precisely so
that it can happily use all the supplied binary extensions _and_ use
the supplied lua5.1.dll, rather than carrying its own copy of Lua
around.

steve d.