Irayo wrote:
> Asko Kauppi wrote:
>
> `make test` halts, segfaults, and/or throws errors at various points of
> the execution and in different tests.  Sometimes the first few tests
> will succeed and yet subsequent tests segfault, throw Lua stack errors, etc.
> I'm certainly more than willing to test any ideas you might have.  I'm
> working on getting a Windows 32-bit and Linux 32-bit set up to test it
> in these platforms as well.

I've gotten a 32-bit Linux ready, and the following error occurs
repeatedly in my that installation:

$ make test
[...output indicating apparent successes...]
make fibonacci
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/eth/Lanes-20080727'
LUA_CPATH=./src/?.so LUA_PATH="src/?.lua;./tests/?.lua" lua
tests/fibonacci.lua
fib(123)
splitting
PANIC: unprotected error in call to Lua API (Cannot grow stack!)
make[1]: *** [fibonacci] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/eth/Lanes-20080727'
make: *** [test] Error 2

Disabling that in the makefile, the 'timer' test also appears to fail
after a slight pause with an assertion failure on line 15.  I can
provide additional information if needed.  :)

Test system is x86 Linux:
Linux irayo 2.6.20-hardened-r2 i686 Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz
GNU/Linux gcc 3.4.6

I'll send further developments only on the lanes-developers list to
avoid cluttering the Lua list with additional finds....

--
Irayo