2008/7/23 Manish Jain <manish.jain@globallogic.com>:
> What is the current (1.1.4) maturity level of LuaJIT. Is it
> alpha/beta/production quality?
>
> We are planning to use it in telecom (VoIP) switch.
>
> We have multithreading environment on multiprocessor platform. So, we should
> be able to
>
> call same lua function from multiple threads in parallel. I mentioned this
> concern because of
>
> thread - http://lua-users.lua.org/lists/lua-l/2006-04/msg00216.html

Hey, that's one of my very first posts on the Lua list :-)

The short answer is you can't get LuaThread and LuaJIT work together
without some work, because both modify the Lua sources and they are
not using a common framework to do so.

But do you really need LuaThread ? Keep in mind that with LuaThread,
only a single os thread will be executing Lua code at any given time.
It's main purpose (I think) is to run semi-autonomous (ie. not
accessing the Lua state too often) worker threads written in C.

Without LuaThread you can have several independent Lua states, even
many of them, and in that case LuaJIT will work just as expected. You
will have to use special mechanisms to share data between the Lua
states, and there are many libs around there doing that, the authors
of the active ones will probably answer this topic soon.