On 22/07/2008, steve donovan <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
> Fraid so! In the good old days things would require msvcrt.dll, which
> was part of Windows. Now each major release of the MS compilers comes
> out with a new runtime.

That's what I thought :-(

> The LuaBinaries standard is basically VS2005
> (msvcrt80.dll), and most people seem to be building against that now.

Except those of us using free compilers, who are either on mingw
(msvcrt) or VS 2008 (the new free one - msvcrt9).

> But (alas) you then have to include that damned runtime...

Which, as I understand things, has some odd redistribution
limitations. OK for commercial use, but a bind for free software.

OK, so I'll build my own for personal use, and plaster big warnings
across the DLL-enabled version for distribution :-(

Paul.