On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 8:55 AM, steve donovan <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
I used the depends.exe tool from the Platform SDK and got a much more
specific error:

'Cannot find procedure entry point __findfirst in msvcr80.dll'

And true enough, with dumpbin /exports I note that it doesn't export
this, but a set of functions like
_findfirst32,_findfirst32i64,_findfirst64

That suggested a solution - just #define _findfirst to be
_findfirst32, etc. Since the libmsvcr80.a  then complained, I just
linked straight against msvcr80.dll, and voila...

gcc -shared -Id:\stuff\lua\src lfs.c -o lfs.dll lua5.1.dll msvcr80.dll

(note: I had already made -lmsvcr80 to be my default by editing the
mingw gcc spec file)

So it appears to work, through a semi-horrible hack!  Although the
rest now seems clear, and I could probably knock a _working_
libmsvcr80.a together from this information...

Thanks for indulging my talking aloud here; this may be useful to others...

I am VERY interested in this. Can you continue to keep this thread alive with updates. I would like a simple robust solution to use MinGW's toolchain as well.
--
Regards,
Ryan