On 1 Jul 2008, at 10:02, Philippe Lhoste wrote:

On 30/06/2008 23:37, Michal Kolodziejczyk wrote:
If your users can be "forced" to use a browser with svg support (firefox is OK), I would suggest JavaScript+SVG for browser side

Although I love SVG, the current trend seems to be the use of the Canvas API, which has the advantage of being available out of the box in Opera and latest Safari as well.

That's not an advantage, SVG also works out of the box on Opera and Safari.

Canvas _does_ have the advantage of working on the iPod (whereas SVG does not, despite being Safari).

drj