Andre Carregal wrote:

Feedback on Kepler, LuaRocks and any of its modules is always welcome,

Hi Andre. I'm having some issues with Kepler. First of all, I had a previous installation of LuaRocks 0.5.2, using my Lua 5.1.3 installation (compiled with MSVC6)

1) After a flawless installation, 'setup_kepler' gives a lot of
"The syntax of the command is incorrect." due to the way the OS is detected. Since the installer is using LuaRocks, could io.popen("uname") be used instead? Or luarocks.cfg.platforms.

I mean, the setup works, but those errors are a but distracting.

2) After installing and configuring, I started Xavante from the tray:
xavante
Double-clicking the icon gave me this error dialog:
---------------------------
Lua Error
---------------------------
[string "..."]:15: module 'kepler_init' not found:
	no field package.preload['kepler_init']
	no file '.\kepler_init.lua'
	no file 'C:\LuaRocks\bin\lua\kepler_init.lua'
	no file 'C:\LuaRocks\bin\lua\kepler_init\init.lua'
	no file 'C:\LuaRocks\bin\kepler_init.lua'
	no file 'C:\LuaRocks\bin\kepler_init\init.lua'
	no file '.\kepler_init.dll'
	no file 'C:\LuaRocks\bin\kepler_init.dll'
	no file 'C:\LuaRocks\bin\loadall.dll'
---------------------------
OK

Then I tried with xavante_start and it crashed. Since the C runtime is the usual suspect, I replaced my Lua setup with the one that comes with LuaRocks (linked against MSVCRT8) and it worked fine.
Launching from the tray still does not work.
However, from a Lua console, doing:

 require"luarocks.require"
 require"kepler_init"

does work.