Hi,

Perhaps you could explain a little bit more what is flua ?

Apparently, it's a virtual machine for ActionScript (which is the same
as Javascript/ECMAScripe, isn't it) based on the Lua virtual machine.
It seems pretty interesting. Perhaps we'll have soon Lua embedded in
our web browers ...

So, just a few questions.

Have you created an ActionScript compiler (script to bytecode) or not ?
If not, which bytecode do you understand ? I suppose it's Flash. So
then, is there a compiler freely available for that ?

Is it still possible to use Lua (script or bytecode) with flua or is it
restricted to ActionScript. If Lua isn't available, why call the
project flua ?

And, well, congratulations for your work.
Just a question ? What id you optimise ? Is that the Lua Virtual
Machine (and so the optimisations could be available for regular Lua
virtual machines) or some separate part you write for compatibility
with ActionScript ?

And, why modify the Lua VM to understand actionscript bytecode ? Why
not create a translator between ActionScript bytecode and Lua
bytecode ? (that could be done transparently in the same binary)

Do you think you could convince some projects to use flua instead of
their own virtual machine ? I'm thinking of gnash, gecko and webkit.

Fell free to answer m questions as you wish. I'm not directly
interested in the project (I never used ActionScript) but your project
is still interesting for Lua itself.

Mildred

--
Mildred Ki'lya
E-Mail:	mildred593(at)online.fr

Site:	<http://mildred632.free.fr/>
XMPP:	<mildred@jabber.fr> (GoogleTalk, Jabber)

GPG:	197C A7E6 645B 4299 6D37 684B 6F9D A8D6 [9A7D 2E2B]