I wrote:
As of version 2.0, LuaInterface doesn't use a standard Lua DLL anyway.
[snip]

For what it's worth, LuaInterface doesn't have to remain this way. In fact, I suggest that LuaInterface's C++/CLI glue code be moved to its own DLL, maybe called LuaGlue.dll. That DLL could link against a standard Lua DLL, such as the one from LuaBinaries; then, the LuaInterface package wouldn't even need to include its own build of Lua. I think that would be the best solution to the problem Gary mentioned.

Matt