--- Matt Campbell <mattcampbell@pobox.com> wrote:
> As of version 2.0, LuaInterface doesn't use a
> standard Lua DLL anyway.
> Instead its "lua51.dll" is a DLL containing both Lua
> and some C++/CLI
> code to make the Lua API available from C# code.
> This lua51.dll doesn't
> export any native symbols; it's only for use by
> LuaInterface.  So it's
> not possible to use LuaInterface with another Lua
> DLL or to link Lua
> extension modules against the lua51.dll provided and
> used by
> LuaInterface.  This makes your point irrelevant.

That is the reason I used 1.5.3 instead of 2.0. I have
a number of applications that make use of luasocket
and my own xyssl bindings and need a GUI frontend
and/or Windows service interface. The 2.0 version is
completely useless for me as it is a pure Lua
engine(managed C++) for .NET and cannot make use of
any of the C modules(luasocket, lpeg).