On 20/mag/08, at 21:53, Bogdan Marinescu wrote:

Everything can be hacked, really, it's just a matter of how difficult
it is. Some sort of "visual watermark" (for example the customer's
name and other identification elements appearing as part of the
background on each page, but without interfering too much with the
actual document content) is generally pretty tough to break.

My 2 cents but I do agree with Ico, main point being what your audience is.

PiL readers on this list or people who do actually develop as job are probably willing to buy the ebook even if it could be easily obtained illegally. Other people, those who choose to get it illegally, probably wouldn't have bought a hardprinted copy anyway. I doubt PiL2 would lose many customers due to piracy, on the opposite side it could gain a (maybe unwanted) greater popularity.

Moreover consider that there are just people who like printed book more.

It's obviously all up to Roberto.