Ah, but to Windows people it is completely logical to click on
something to run it. Granted, this isn't so cool with traditional
command-line apps, but there is a Windows Lua executable which doesn't
have a console, and expects that all user interaction go through
dialogs, etc (like the cscript/wscript distinction in WSH; hence the
extension .wlua). Or such a program could update a file, database etc
without needing to flash an ugly black console box.

Remember, we are dealing with users who are scared of command-line
prompts. Yes, I know, they should get with the program, but one can't
_force_ an alien paradigm on users.

steve d.