I wonder if anybody happens to have a Boyer-Moore string-search
engine coded up for Lua?  My application is parsing MIME email
messages, so I wind up searching repeatedly for the same string,
and some of the messages are very large, so I want the sublinear
performance you get with Boyer-Moore.

I also want to build the automaton once and use it repeatedly,
since I will be searching for multiple instances of the same
boundary string.

Existing code welcome; if not available, I will dig out something I wrote
for nbibtex and package it as a proper library...

Norman