FYI---

the funded projects for Google's Summer of Code have just been announced. Although Lua wasn't an accepted organization this year, Lua is being represented amongst the funded projects:

Maxime Petazzoni will be working on improvements to mod_wombat --- Brian McCallister's Apache module that allows for Lua scripted responses to HTTP requests. In particular, Maxime will be working on interfacing to mod_dbd so that you can access (pooled) db connections, etc from Lua scripts.

I'll be helping to mentor Maxime and I am going to encourage him to write to the list with an introduction and periodic status updates. I've also encouraged him to contact Yuri and Andre.

Matt
--
Matthew Burke
Assistant Professor of Computer Science