Jerome Vuarand wrote:
I think you can use struct.pack("i8",-1). But as you said you won't be
able to generate the whole range of 64bits integers since Lua numbers
are double (unless you have a custom built Lua version).

I've actually tried that, but was still unable to get it to read the number correctly from FB. However, after considering what I'm going to be using this for I've realized that +/-9223372036854775807 (the largest number a longint can hold in FB) is a ridiculously large number that I'll probably never use in any of my projects so I should be able to get by without needing to use longints anyway.