"Rolf" <rb@san.rr.com> writes:
> 2. I don't think that I can add any libraries because LUA is somehow
> built-in into the EccoExt executable (LUA is not separately installed).

Lua in general supports dynamic loading of C code, so you may be able to
load an external library, even if you're using a pre-compiled embedded
Lua.

The usual way to do that is something like:

   local mylib = require "mylib"

which, if it can't find an appropriate lua library (mylib.lua or so),
will look for an appropriate C dynamic object, "mylib.dll" (windows) or
"mylib.so" (linux).

Sorry, I don't know how to _make_ an appropriate .dll file (I only know
how to do it under linux) though.

-Miles

--
My spirit felt washed.  With blood.  [Eli Shin, on "The Passion of the Christ"]