I'm sure the basic idea could be implemented on Emacs; scite-debug
comes with a version of clidebug that has a 'gdb mode'. But the
single-stepping requires a little dance between clidebug and
scite-debug; the first finds the address and enters debug_break; the
second has to set the temporary breakpoint, but only if it's in valid
C source. No doubt that's possible in Emacs (very few things are
impossible with it ;)) but it would require some elisp work. That
thought gives me a headache. Perhaps there is already some mechanism
to hook into break events and do some custom operation?

Alternatively, think layering; if the scite-debug part could be
separated out as a standalone Lua process, then Emacs could probably
consume the output directly.

Emacs <-> luagdb <-> GDB <-> clidebug

steve d.