"Dirk Feytons" <dirk.feytons@gmail.com> writes:
> They better don't add autoconf stuff; the ./configure step would
> probably take longer than the actual compilation :)

BTW, note that "configure" is not synonomous with autoconf.  One can
easily have a configure script which presents more or less the same user
interface as typical configure scripts -- a very good thing for the user
-- but which doesn't use autoconf at all.

[I sometimes just write my own configure shell-script by hand, for
simple packages, where really I just want to set a few variables and
maybe test what "awk" is called or something.  When done, it simply
copies "Makefile.in" to "Makefile" with a few variable-setting lines
added at the top.]

-Miles

--
White, adj. and n. Black.