Alex Davies wrote:
I'm not too sure what you mean, as "until something-with-x" does not access the local declared inside the if statement, so why would continue throw an error? -confused-

Right. I guess the point I was going for was you can write faulty code and the condition expression might not be in scope. Its just an error on the part of the programmer.

In Roberto's example, someone added a 'continue' to existing code that worked but now "until something-with-x" does not access the local as expected. It seems like just another error on the part of the programmer.