On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 7:24 AM, steve donovan
<steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been looking for a good Lua benchmark suite, but my friend Google
>  isn't being forthcoming. Then I'll do the VC6 vs mingw comparison;
>  particularly curious about the -mtune options.

How about http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/ ?
After all, it is the primary source of evidence for the "Lua is fast" claim.

I'm curious too about the effects of compiler options.
I also remember that somebody was wondering whether the use of GCC's
__builtin_expect would make a difference.

--
Dirk