Shmuel Zeigerman wrote:

While we're on this topic, there's another possibility:
introduce 'continue' for 'while' and 'for' loops and make it invalid in 'repeat' loops (compile-time error). This would have a benefit of keeping backward compatibility.

Would it not be easier to simply prevent mixing of the two concepts (continue, and leaked local), afterall the compiler should be able to determine if there's a reference to a block local in the termination condition, and also whether there was a continue to restart the loop? As a language user I'd find the ability to use continue in two out of three types of loops bothersome (especially because I dislike the scope change from 5.1 and would use the 5.0 style external local).

Daniel.