Hello Luo Hei,
I wrote the code for std::string management in Lua.

As mentioned by others, the main goal was a direct mapping from Lua strings to std::string.
So that
  std::string some_func(std::string)
would be accept and return Lua strings.
It also managed const std::string& without issue as well.

I have added a fairly basic wrapper for the std::string class as well, but normally you don't need it.  Its easier to manipulate the strings in Lua than std::string.

Any other questions?

Regards,
Mark

Well, thats the question. I would like to pass strings to lua scripts
via swig generated wrappers. Can i use std::string or should I fall back
to C style strings?

Sent from Yahoo! Mail.
A Smarter Inbox.